Monday, December 12, 2011

My review of Daughter Of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor

This is another one of those rare few books I actually purchased instead of recieving for a review, but I was in the habit of writing a review about any new books I read, so here goes-

This is a captivating book about Karou, an art student in prague who was brought up by demons. The inside of the dust jacket captivated me instantly- which those little blurbs tend not to do, with a few sentences about Karou, whose peacock blue hair grows out of her head that way, and speaks many languages, some not human.
You feel a lot of sympathy for Karou as the book progresses- she must drift away from her friends to perform errands for the demons, and if she doesn't perform the errands the demons feel like she is ignoring them, so she is put between a rock and a hard place- and put another rock in there as her troubles don't end there- she has to deal with Kaz, her ex-boyfriend who used her.
Oh, and add one more hard place- although putting it in this review would spoil some of the book, so I guess you'll just have to read it!
Oh, and by the way, felix early navidad!

No comments:

Post a Comment